The House

The house was built around 1925 in order to be the residence of the surrounding field’s owners.
By that time the preferred materials for its construction were the local ones such as rocks and primitive cement for the walls. First floor boards and beams are made of the original chestnut tree wood.
Also the doors and window’s shutters are made of the original chestnut tree and oak wood. During 1939 the residents number increased and it was necessary to enlarge the building. A new kitchen with a wood oven and a haymow with stables were then built. The house was continuously inhabited until the 80s where logistical support on agricultural activities were provided. Finally in 2008 important works took place in order to adapt the building to host visitors.
Our priority was improve of comfort combined with preservation of the original materials and design.

Untitled Document

© Quinta do Vaqueirinho 2014 – All Rights Reserved